Saturday, August 28, 2010
Something to try.
This for those of you who have frames that don't quite work for you. Whether the frame is too dark or not the right color.
I started with the dark frame. I felt the frame was to strong and kept the eye away from the painting. So I painted the frame with a spay Rustolium graphite and a silver in top of that. I like Krylon spay paints better they seem easier to control how much is sprayed at a time. I used what I had at the time.
If you look at the silver frame it brings out the gray roof on the covered bridge as well as other grays in the cement part of the bridge. The frame is now becoming more a part of the painting.
Don't be afraid to make changes if you are not happy with your frame. You have nothing to lose and may be pleasantly surprised.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment